It's not the most thrilling part of planning a trip, but deciding on how best to get from the airport to your accommodations (and back again) is usually a detail worth researching. Here you'll find Amsterdam's airport ground transportation options and the pros and cons of each.
1. By Train
- Fastest option.
- Very economical option.
- No risk of heavy highway traffic during commute hours.
- Inconvenient for those with large or many bags.
- You must still take a tram, bus or taxi to your destination from Centraal Station.
- 2nd-class Single: € 3.80
- 2nd-class Round-trip: € 6.40
2. By TaxiPros
- Convenience of door-to-door service.
- Trip to central Amsterdam can be as little as 20 minutes if it's not rush hour.
- Most expensive option.
- Risk of sitting in heavy highway traffic at peak commute hours.
- Anywhere from € 33 to € 40, depending on destination and route.
3. By BusPros
- Economical option.
- Can be more direct than train if you're staying near one of the bus stops.
- Limited service on weekends.
- Single journey: € 3.60.
- Cheaper than a taxi for door-to-door service.
- Reservations for return trip to the airport.
- If you're one of the last stops on the shared route, the journey could take up to an hour.
- Single journey: € 13.50 (adults), € 6.25 (children)
- Round-trip: € 21 (adults), € 11.50 (children)
Be sure to ask your hotel first if they offer a complimentary airport shuttle.