Plan a Trip to Amsterdam
When to Go to Amsterdam
First things first...when should you go to Amsterdam? Whether you want to see millions of Dutch tulips in bloom, avoid high-season crowds, enjoy the year's warmest weather or experience unique festivals and events, these resources will guide you in choosing the best time to visit Amsterdam.
- Preview of Amsterdam by Month
- Amsterdam Weather in Brief
- January Weather and Events
- February Weather and Events
- March Weather and Events
- April Weather and Events
- May Weather and Events
- June Weather and Events
- July Weather and Events
- August Weather and Events
- September Weather and Events
- October Weather and Events
- November Weather and Events
- December Weather and Events
Never been to Amsterdam? Here are the essential basics, from what to expect from Amsterdam's risqué reputation, to indispensable visitor resources such as the current rain forecast, tourist information center and more.
- Myths & Misconceptions About Amsterdam
- Up-to-the-Minute Amsterdam Rain Forecast
- Where Is the Tourist Information Center?
- Amsterdam Tourist Discount Cards
- Embassies & Consulates in the Netherlands
Travel to Amsterdam
Find practical information about how to travel to and from Amsterdam.
- Netherlands Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- The Netherlands with a Rail Pass
- International Coaches to Amsterdam
- Sail to the Netherlands from the UK
- Do I Need a Visa for the Netherlands?
- Can I Take Back Flower Bulbs, Cheese, etc. from the Netherlands?
Hotels, Hostels and B&Bs
Whether you prefer five-star or no-frills accommodations in Amsterdam, the city offers both -- and hundreds of hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts in between. Find an Amsterdam hotel that suits your taste.
- Best Backpacker Hostels in Amsterdam
- Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Luxury Hotels in Amsterdam
- In-Depth Amsterdam Hotel Reviews
Get Around Amsterdam
Tram, bus, metro, ferry, train - learn about transportation options for getting around the city once you're here.
People, Language, Culture and History
Get to know the history, culture and customs of your Dutch hosts, and learn how to communicate with them in their native language.
- Basic Dutch Expressions of Politeness
- What Is the Difference Between the Netherlands and Holland?
- What Is the Randstad?
- What Does the Triple X (XXX) in Amsterdam Mean?
Money, Communications and Safety
Confused about gratuity in a foreign country? Need to find a wi-fi spot? Find answers here.